question

Rock Bolton avatar image
Rock Bolton asked

Get Single Character/User Inventory Item

Hi All!

Is there a api function to call (preferably server-side) to get the item data for specific character item via ID? I know get character inventory returns ALL of the player character's inventory item, and I can filter through that list via a passed item ID, but I would prefer to make a call that returns ONLY the item instance of the given ID if it exists to save on data usage/overhead.

I'm try to set it up so the client tells the server "I'm equipping item id: xxxxxx" and the server then gets that items custom data and instantiates it server-side to prevent clients from (potentially) being able to tell the server phony broken weapon/item stats, and I'm using item custom data to store some of those aforementioned stats. I can probably get away with the filtering through a player character's inventory as long as I'm maintaining a current version of it server-side.

If there isn't a function for this, is this something I can put in a feature request for?

Thanks for the help! This community has been pretty rad and helpful in responses, making me love using PlayFab even more!
-Rock

apisdataCharacters
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

Currently, getting a single item’s data via ID is not supported, and we totally understand such feature would make your game more efficient. You can make a feature request about it to help us prioritize our work.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Steve C avatar image Steve C commented ·

Was a request added for this so we can +1 it?

0 Likes 0 ·
rima avatar image rima Steve C commented ·

There seems to be this feature request from Oct 2019. (It seems we have to follow the post to consider it a Vote)

https://community.playfab.com/idea/34684/get-a-single-item-from-the-inventory.html

This is also a huge headache for Us to Query all the items all the time.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.