question

Max Guernsey, III avatar image
Max Guernsey, III asked

The "Player count" column in Running Experiments has a confusing name

This is picayune, I know, but it's also probably an easy fix.

This is what my "Player count" column looked like for a running experiment. I was shocked, of course, because the player count was 15 a few minutes ago (also a surprisingly-low number). This was not the first time I'd seen the number go down.

If you mouseover the little info bubble, you can see an attempt was made to rectify this.

That's dandy but I can basically guarantee you'll get a support request from someone who didn't read the bubble the way things are now. Just changing the name could obviate the need for that tip bubble in the first place.

Here are some ideas, from someone who is notoriously bad at naming things:

• New player count
  • Recently-added players
  • New players in the last 8 hours
  • 8-hour players added

It's already a phrase and not title case, so the sky's the limit.

Thanks,

Max

wiccu.png (11.4 KiB)
ywrhj.png (4.5 KiB)
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Max Guernsey, III avatar image
Max Guernsey, III answered

I don't agree that this is a feature but I understand that you have chosen to prioritize other things first, which makes sense.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Thanks for the feedback. I’d recommend you to send a thread on the Feature Request forum and votes from developers in the community can help with the priority.

4 comments
10 |1200

Max Guernsey, III avatar image Max Guernsey, III commented ·

I chose bugs because the name actually is wrong. It is the count of some records associated with some players but it is not the player count for the experiment, which is what the text and context together demand.

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ Max Guernsey, III commented ·

When the experiment is running, any players that log into this title will be assigned with experiment variable. May I ask what do you mean by "count of some records associated with some players"?

0 Likes 0 ·
Max Guernsey, III avatar image Max Guernsey, III Seth Du ♦ commented ·

Because it's only telling you the count of the players assigned within the last eight hours.

The count goes up and then it goes down even though the number of people in the experiment should only be increasing.

In fact, as we go through this, it is now clear to me that this is a player rate. The count of players enrolled in your experiment is something you actually have to do a KQL query to find. The rate of players being added to your experiment is literally the number that is reported as the count per eight hours.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.