question

gonza-resca avatar image
gonza-resca asked

Character Creation guide.

Hi, is there any Character Creation Guide?

I'm pretty new to coding.

I don't fully get the flow/concept of the character token given to a player and setting their data.

I can grant the user a Character that has a custom data(race, class, gender) but i'm not able of setting that data.

Thanks

CloudScriptCharacter DataCharacters
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

There is not an official “Character Creation Guide” to introduce how to set the character data. As this section Available built-in entity types/character says, the character entity is a direct mirror of Characters in the Classic APIs. For the moment, the character doesn’t have any token. You can use the client session ticket to access this classic client API UpdateCharacterData directly to set the character data, just like calling the client API UpdateUserData. When you set the character data, you need to provide the CharacterId and the corresponding K/V pairs. For more details of the API request body, please click the link to navigate to the API reference.

To find more API sets to access the Character Data and other Character info, please click the link to check the API references. Please feel free to ask questions in the forum if you have other questions about the use of these APIs.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.