question

glen avatar image
glen asked

Exceeded Max API Request Rate

I just encountered this error: The client has exceeded the maximum API request rate and is being throttled

This occurred on a sequence of code which is executed as part of regular gameplay and this is the first time I've encountered the error, our code has not changed. It is now occurring regularly which makes me wonder if something has changed in the PlayFab backend? I'm also unable to find an associated limit in the Game Manager.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Correction - I believe I know what the issue is. Is the problem you're experiencing specifically when calling ExecuteCloudScript (or RunCloudScript, if your title is older)? We made a required update to our limit table late yesterday due to a title which was attempting to call Cloud Script at an excessive rate, which could have caused issues for many titles. However, this error could only occur if your title is also calling that API at an excessive rate - think many times a second. If you are running into this as a result, please write to us at devrel@playfab.com with all the details for your title, so that we can work more closely with you on this.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

glen avatar image glen commented ·

Thanks, I've sent a message to that address. We do have a stage of gameplay which calls ExecuteCloudScript more frequently but I feel like it must just barely be at the limit because the error does not appear at a predictable rate.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Reviewing the request rate checking code in our source control, it hasn't changed behavior in a very long time. Can you provide the Title ID so that we can review the title's log history?

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.