question

Muhammad Roshaan Tariq avatar image
Muhammad Roshaan Tariq asked

Playfab Clan/Guild available features and limitations?

Hi, regarding Playfab's Clan & Guild system I have few questions/concerns:

• Does Playfab support clan tournaments/events? If not then what is the alternate solution or work around?
  • Does Playfab support clan leaderboards? If not then what is the alternate solution or work around?
  • Does Playfab support clan chat system? A persistent chat system?
  • Does Playfab support clan trading? I mean like asking for lives from other clan members and in return award them some coins?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

apissdks
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

Currently, Playfab does not natively support all the following features. We will list the workarounds for them below.

Does Playfab support clan tournaments/events? If not then what is the alternate solution or work around?

The tournaments are only relevant to the PlayFab Leaderboards. And now PlayFab doesn’t provide an API that can “create the leaderboard for groups” directly.

As the workaround, you can create a new leaderboard whose name is “Clan01_Leaderboard”, then you can only link the members of “Clan01” to this leaderboard. If so, all players in this leaderboards are the members of “Clan01”. Then you can call server API GetLeaderboard on CloudScript, then get the sum of them.

Does Playfab support clan leaderboards? If not then what is the alternate solution or work around?

In PlayFab tournaments and leaderboards are the equivalent concepts. You can check the documentation -- PlayFab Leaderboards to learn more about it. And please refer to the above answer.

Does Playfab support clan chat system? A persistent chat system?

We would suggest the workaround to achieve the group chat feature via storing chat data in Shared Group Data. The answer in your previous thread -- “What should be used to integrate Chat System in Playfab Groups/Clans?is the suggestable solution. Besides, PlayFab provides another separate feature -- Party for the low-latency chat and data communication. This feature currently provides C++ SDK only. You can click the link to check its doc.

Does Playfab support clan trading? I mean like asking for lives from other clan members and in return award them some coins?

PlayFab provides a separate Trading feature. You can use it for trading between any two players, so you can use it between group members. Please let us known if you have other special requirements for the trading between group members.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Muhammad Roshaan Tariq avatar image Muhammad Roshaan Tariq commented ·

@Sarah Zhang

I have few more questions:

• Does tournament and leaderboard the same thing on Playfab? If yes, doesn't this mean that for each tournament I would have to create a new leaderboard?
  • Is there any limit to creation of leaderboard? And can we delete the old leaderboard or they are deleted automatically by the system after some time?
0 Likes 0 ·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

@Muhammad Roshaan Tariq

Sorry for the delayed reply. In the forum, all the new threads would be allocated to multiple engineers. You can try to post a new question if it’s urgent. Thanks for understanding.

>> Does tournament and leaderboard the same thing on Playfab?

Yes, in PlayFab there is not a concept of the tournament. This concept only exists in your game logic. Tournaments are implemented through leaderboards.

>> If yes, doesn't this mean that for each tournament I would have to create a new leaderboard?

It would depend on your game design. If all tournaments need separate rankings, you need to create the leaderboard for every tournament.

>> Is there any limit to creation of leaderboard? And can we delete the old leaderboard or they are deleted automatically by the system after some time?

In the new pricing model, for the free account, the number limit of the leaderboard would be 300. In the old pricing model, it would be 25. You can navigate to Game Manager->Title Settings->Limits (https://developer.playfab.com/en-US/[YourTitleID]/limits) to check the limits of your title.

For the moment, PlayFab leaderboards cannot be deleted, the system won’t delete them automatically too. But you can reset the leaderboard using Game Manger->Leaderboards->[YourLeaderboardsName]->[Reset Now] button or using admin API IncrementPlayerStatisticVersion. It means one leaderboard can be used for different competition seasons or different tournaments repeatedly.

1 comment
10 |1200

Muhammad Roshaan Tariq avatar image Muhammad Roshaan Tariq commented ·

Thank you for the response and I think I have quite understanding about Playfab leaderboard.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.