question

drallcom3 avatar image
drallcom3 asked

ReportAdActivity: What is the meaning of it?

In ReportAdActivity() I can send the status of the ad the user is watching right now. I just don't know why.

It is not required for RewardAdActivity(). RewardAdActivity() works perfectly fine without touching ReportAdActivity().

I don't need it in the client. The SDK of the ad network of my choice already informs me of the AdActivity (start/end/etc).

My guess is analytics usage, but that doesn't make sense without knowing who provided the ad.

Am I safe with completely ignoring ReportAdActivity()?

apis
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

RewardAdActivity does not require that ReportAdActivity is called, however, we recommend that you call ReportAdActivity to update the activity state every time the ad SDK reports a state change so that you can better monitor your app’s ad activities and potentially identity some malicious behaviors.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

drallcom3 avatar image drallcom3 commented ·

Thanks.

So no reason to use it at all (the ad networks already provide analytics). Good, less API calls used.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.