question

drallcom3 avatar image
drallcom3 asked

AdPlacementDetails & RewardAdActivity() questions

I'm starting to use Rewarded Ads and there are several thing quite unclear.

1) PlacementId: Can I use the given id even after a limit reset?

2) RewardAdActivityResult contains a new PlacementId. Why? Look like they're the same.

3) Why doesn't it also contain a RewardId? Seems like I usually need them in a pair.

4) What is the PlacementId anyway? Does it stay the same forever, as in I have to delete the placement and when I only change the name the id stays? Or is the id generated new on every little event?

5) What is the RewardId good for? I get a random reward anyway. Why do I need it? Will the id stay the same forever (given that I don't touch the placement in the dashboard)?

6) Why does AdPlacementDetails only contain one of the random rewards? I would expect either nothing or a list. Right now it doesn't make sense.

7) Is it enough if I call GetAdPlacements once at gamestart and then never again? Do I have to call it again for some reason, e.g. PlacementViewsResetMinutes has reached 0 (Oh god I hope I don't have to do that).

8) The tutorial https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/automation/rewarded-ads/quickstart kind of stops half-way through. The code part isn't explained.

9) Can I reset the limit somewhere? In the player maybe?

10) I'd like to have the option to let the client know about the weights.

I think that's all for now.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

I will dig into it later as there are many questions. Usually we will recommend separating questions in different threads because it will be more efficient.

0 Likes 0 ·

0 Answers

·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.