question

drallcom3 avatar image
drallcom3 asked

AdPlacementDetails: Rewards bugged?

AdPlacementDetails:

When PlacementViewsRemaining is 0, RewardId is empty.

Is this a bug?

What the meaning of it, if not?

RewardAdActivity requires a RewardId, but I don't have any in this case.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

No, it is not a bug. PlacementViewsRemaining’s value depends on the reward limits that you set in the ad placement’s edit page and the times of RewardAdActivity’s requests. For example, if the reward limit is set as “Limit to 2 impressions Hourly”, it means one player can only be rewarded from one ad placement twice per hour. Players will not get rewards from the third ad viewing. So, when PlacementViewsRemaining is 0, RewardId won’t be returned. It’s by design. You can navigate to [Game Manager]->[Automation]->[Rewarded Ads]->[Ad Placements], click the corresponding Ad name then modify the [REWARD LIMITS] in the [Edit Ad Placement] page.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

drallcom3 avatar image drallcom3 commented ·

Why doesn't AdPlacementDetails send the RewardId regardless? All this leads to is me having to make the API call again. The backend will deny my request anyway if I request the reward.

It's not like the RewardId will change suddenly when the limit gets refreshed. Right now the behaviour is more alike to a bug. Plus I have to pay for that additional pointless API call.

0 Likes 0 ·
Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang drallcom3 commented ·

Does this issue still exist? We cannot reproduce it in the testing title. The count of “remaining view” can be reset successfully. After the “remaining view” is reset, we can get the “RewardId” again.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.