question

Jan Ostermann avatar image
Jan Ostermann asked

"TooManyServerRestarts" VM Error

Hello,

I think that I have a problem with my multiplayer server and unity+mirror. I tried to implement everything into my project and got it running on my local machine, or at least the status goes from StandingBy to Active after the Mirror Server started. Now I uploaded it and did the setup like in the documentation for the example server and get the status "unhealthy" after waiting for ~1hour which was needed to deploy the build. When I check the Virtual Machine I see "TooManyServerRestarts" for the state and health status. I already tried to reupload it multiple time but nothing works.

Is there anything I could try or do to fix it? Or is it possible to see detailed log files?

Thank in advance,

Jan

unity3d
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

Did you verify containerization for your server build? We recommend verifying containerization for the server build before deploying it to the Cloud, this step makes sure that the server instance is packaged with all the required dependencies and will run without issues on the Cloud. Please check out this tutorial:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/multiplayer/servers/locally-debugging-game-servers-and-integration-with-playfab#verifying-containerization

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jan Ostermann avatar image Jan Ostermann commented ·

Thank you for your response. Following the tutorial I got it working :D The problem was, that I needed to add lots of .ddl's into my zip folder to get it running.

0 Likes 0 ·
Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan Jan Ostermann commented ·

Oh, great! Any further questions please let us know:)

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.