question

iniside avatar image
iniside asked

I thought that development was free and now there is payment waiting.

Hey

I have "small" issue. Recently there was mail that payment failed. I thought what payment ?

Sometime ago I changed one my studio to standard plan (to check out how it works), but haven't really thought much about since I read that until going live development is free (and I thought it also apply to subscription fee, since there wasn't really specified otherwise) and I just left it. I haven't really did much here, create one or two test users and left it.

Since it is not really free I'd like to remove all my studios which are on standard plan, since I don't really have intention of using it anyway in foreseeable future and I don't really wan to pay for something I don't use.

Is there some way to resolve it ?

pricing
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

To be clear, the Standard tier is $99 a month in our current billing model. It includes about $400 in credits per month on the meters that track usage. What our pricing page shows is that development is completely free in our free tier - that is, as long as your titles have less than 100,000 player accounts (and you can delete accounts if needed, to stay under that number), and you have no titles in "Live" mode, you'll be in our free tier. If you choose not to have a title in Development Mode when you move to v2 pricing, you'll be in the Standard tier.

If what you meant to do was to move to the new free tier, in which all your titles are in Development Mode, we can get that fixed for you. Just let us know what your Studio ID is, and we can get that fixed.

Also, since we've had a couple of developers overlook this, custom game server hosting, CDN (the Content service), and the Party service are separately priced. Server hosting and Party do have some free usage, but if you exceed the free usage amounts on those, we do charge at their normal rates. Please see the documentation for specific details:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/multiplayer/servers/billing-for-thunderhead

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/multiplayer/networking/pricing

So one key item to remember is that if your title isn't live, be sure to always turn off active regions in server hosting by setting their standby levels to 0 when you're not actively using them, so that you're not accumulating hours of usage.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

iniside avatar image iniside commented ·

Hey thanks.

The Studio name is NxStudio.

Id: 53CE8A4E782F95CA

Or I think it is I copied it from URL, since I can't find anything directly on page.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan iniside commented ·

The issue was that when you went through the process of updating to v2 pricing, you chose to be in the Standard tier. The Standard tier is not free - it is $99 a month. I've updated your studio and title to be in the Free tier, and I'll talk to the billing team to cancel the charge for June.

Also, since I see you've activated multiplayer server hosting, I should point out that server hosting is not free for unlimited use. We provide a limited amount of free hosting per month, so that you can get your testing done. But above the free usage, we do charge our normal rates for custom game server hosting, regardless of what tier you're in. There's more info on specifics of server hosting pricing here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/multiplayer/servers/billing-for-thunderhead

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.