question

Choi Yan Lok avatar image
Choi Yan Lok asked

Incorrect documentation? (PlayFab Consumption: Best Practices and Cloudscript Pricing Meters)

According to the Pricing Meters page:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/pricing/meters/meters#example

"The minimum billable memory size and execution time per execution is 128MB and 1ms, respectively"

However, in "PlayFab Consumption: Best Practices":

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/pricing/consumption-best-practices

"For example, if you have a total memory footprint, between your script code and variable usage in the script, of 1 MB, you would need to run that script for 1,000 seconds (across many users, presumably) to get to 1 GB/s."

According to my understanding, if my script has a total memory of 1MB, it will still be count as 128MB.

Therefore, running the 1MB (or 128MB) memory script 7.8125 seconds will already get me to 1 GB/s.

Am I understanding the minimum billable memory correctly? There's a huge difference between the two, and I would like to have some clarifications.

Thank you.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

I believe your understanding is correct as I have checked the source code. 128MB is by design. However, we are aware of this issue and there will be an internal discussion about it. I will keep this thread updated when there is feedback from the team.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Thanks for calling that out. We are updating the best practices guide to reflect the correct billing for Cloud Script, which is indeed a minimum of 128 MB and 100 ms per execution.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Choi Yan Lok avatar image Choi Yan Lok commented ·

Thank you for updating it. BTW I think there's a typo in your answer, it should be a minimum of 1ms per execution.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.