question

Johnatan David Gonzalez Vasquez avatar image
Johnatan David Gonzalez Vasquez asked

Billing Summary, I'm being charged without using the service for more than 20 days

Hey!, I just got a email with a invoice, what I don't get is that I haven't used the service for like 20 days (I was hoping to have more time to run some tests, having a functional demo), so this says I'm being charged for instance hours.

what I don't get is that I just tried to login in that test and thats it, I don't mind paying the 6$ dollars, but this will help me understand how this billing works

Player Data
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

I had a look at your account to confirm - specifically, you had hosted custom game servers running in May. Page one of your invoice shows this as "Compute", while page two of the invoice shows the breakdown of the cost for the server type you were running that exceeded the free hours we provide.

It's vitally important that you always remember to either disable build regions by setting the standby servers to zero when you're not actively using them, or simply delete the build or title, as that will also shut down those servers. You can always check what running servers you have in the Multiplayer tab in the Game Manager.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Johnatan David Gonzalez Vasquez avatar image Johnatan David Gonzalez Vasquez commented ·

Hey @Brendan thanks for answering, I know this may be a silly question but I thought they were standby servers that will start the hour counting after they are initialized, for example:

my goal is to have multiple short games within my title, my goal is each game length to be 5-10min long, now, I understood that those servers where "standby" and reserved in case playfab run out of servers to use, right?

I'll add another question to this:

Like I said my plan is to have multiple games within my title, so for example in one game I can have a tanks game and in the other I can have say poker, my plan was to call using the playfab multiplayer api to call the app build I need to run the games, now how this will be charged? can you give an example? thank you so much!

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Johnatan David Gonzalez Vasquez commented ·

Standby servers are servers that are running 100% dedicated to your title, with your build loaded, so that when a player searches for a game, they can be joined to one quickly. If you had no standby servers, you would have to wait for a server to be provisioned, your build to be downloaded to it from CDN, for the build to be de-compressed into the right folders, and then for your executable to start. That would take several minutes - not a good player experience. That's why your total standby server count should be set high enough to manage the number of players that might need to join a game in the region in about five minutes.

So when you're not testing, you need to set your standby level to 0, so that you're not running servers, and accumulating server runtime charges.

For your usage pattern, it doesn't really matter how many executables you have on the local device - your usage on the Title ID will be based on the calls made, servers running, CDN usage, etc, as described in the pricing docs.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.