question

Seunghyun Jeong avatar image
Seunghyun Jeong asked

Question about Player Data Limit option

Our game tries to save some user data using 'Playfab - Player Data'

But I've got several alert mails from playfab which warned me that some data occurred exception.

I tried to find out some information about the limitation of player data but still do not clearly understand all of it.

1. What happened if a player occurs an error when they save their data?

- Can the player saves all the data safely or they may lose the data?

2. Is the upper limit of player data calculated by the sum of all data? Or is it calculated by the size of the individual data?

- For example, our game's save data need 30KB to 50KB for each file. We are going to save up to 20 save files for each players. Can the 20 files be saved or I should have to reduce the save files?

Thank you!

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

An error on a call to a data update API endpoint would mean that the write did not succeed - the data was not saved.

The upper limit on the amount of data that can be saved depends upon the specific feature area. For User Data, it's the limit on the size of a single Value, and you can find it in the Limits page (under title settings).

However, in this case, you are seeing an extremely high number of this error:

CustomData:UserDataValueUpdatesPer15Seconds

This error means that your title is trying to update the same Value on the player account more than ten times in fifteen seconds, which will result in very high usage of the Profile Write meter. You can find the frequency of this error by searching for the title_exceeded_limit error in your game's Event History.

We highly recommend optimizing your service usage the way you would any other resource. We have a best practices guide here, that may be of assistance in your planning for this: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/pricing/consumption-best-practices

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seunghyun Jeong avatar image Seunghyun Jeong commented ·

That was amazing. We did not think about the error until you point it out. We should check and revise our rule to save the player data so that we avoid that issue.

And thank you so much for the reply. Now I understand all I need.

Have a great day!

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.