question

Antonio Salto Neto avatar image
Antonio Salto Neto asked

Player progression , best way to save !

Hello guys!

I have a system in my game progress with the following structure:

A List of Maps > within a list of Regions> within a List of districts> within a List of cases!

With that being said, how you guys suggest me to save? I'm saving it all as json file, and then, as you suggest me previous, saving it as file. Do you think it has a better solution using your system?

Thanks!

Player Dataentities
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

We recommend that you save it as a JSON object in Entity Objects attached to a player entity if its size is not very big – under 1000 bytes should be fine. Using Entity Objects gives you the most flexibility and performance to read & write the player progression for your game. However, if the size of the player’s progression data is quite large, you may consider saving it as Entity File or Player Data.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Antonio Salto Neto avatar image Antonio Salto Neto commented ·
Thank you very much for the quick response, I implemented the entity file because my progress data exceeded the size of the entity object, it is serving 100%
0 Likes 0 ·
Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan Antonio Salto Neto commented ·

Glad to hear that:)

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.