question

aduci avatar image
aduci asked

Clash Royal style card Drop System

Hi,

I would like to create a CR style chest drop system.

I need the followings: (the numbers are placeholders)

- After opening a chest, get 30-35 (random amount) common cards, 10-15 rare cards.

- Amongst the common cards, there should be a maximum of 3 different (for example 10stacks of A, 10stacks of B and 13 stacks of C)

What is the best solution for the problem?

Thank you for your answers.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

PlayFab offers the Drop tables feature, which can be used for your scenario, please navigate to the doc to learn more. Make the chest a Bundle which consists of x number of “common cards” Drop Tables and y number of “rare cards” Drop Tables, when consumed, cards in each drop table will be added into the player’s inventory with the probability you specify. Most of the requirements of yours can be met using this method except this one: “get 30-35 (random amount) common cards, 10-15 rare cards”, randomness on the amount of common cards may need some extra server-side logic.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

aduci avatar image aduci commented ·

Thank you for your answer.

Is it possible that playfab will support random numbers in the future? (i guess i should post an idea to the Feature Requests)

0 Likes 0 ·
Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan aduci commented ·

Yes, you can post a feature request about it.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.