question

nielsg-1 avatar image
nielsg-1 asked

Google Play purchase validation changes the transaction ID of the purchase

When doing a purchase in the game client on Google Play you receive a transaction ID from google play that looks like this: GPA.0000.1111.0000.11111

But in the player_realmoney_purchase event this transaction ID has changed to something like this: pfnlphlahnjmgnacceamkbjp.AO-J1Oy00000000000000Omxx3LKyV_rtPOkvJPCR9ZviLZJxW9ZQIc3aveTKKJ3bm4GK10D4rk8372r2nE4OXpXf2RhJ-zO8wVWFOHBHGQxDA2lOvpuRwkaf-N1zU0VKoNLMSpZItZ7gvXueN1OT-0000000000

We would like to send some extra events from the game client to know what the player was doing when he made the purchase. And we would like to link that data with the player_realmoney_purchase coming from Playfab. However, because the transaction ID has changed we can't link both events.

The issue only seems to be on Google Play because for Itunes the transaction ID stays the same. I assume the Google Play transaction ID changes to a unique ID that Google gives for the validation that Playfab does.

From what I can see I also don't get the new transaction ID back into the game in the ValidateGooglePlayPurchaseResult.

Any ideas or suggestions? Or is this a bug in the Playfab backend? It seems to me that the transaction ID should stay the same as client receives from the store front.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

May I have your Title ID so that we can dig into it. In addition, please feel free to tell us if there is any business impact on this issue.

0 Likes 0 ·

0 Answers

·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.