question

joe.lavoine@gmail.com avatar image
joe.lavoine@gmail.com asked

Getting internal title data?

Hello,

Apologies if this has been covered - I did look but couldn't find it.

I've been using http://cloudscript.playfab.com/classes/server.html for a list of server API calls. There is an internal title data section for each game, but how do you access the data? All the other calls seem to have an Internal version, but not title data?

Also, what's the difference between internal and non-internal? I assume that internal is generally "safer" and harder for a non-server to access (or impossible?). But are there any circumstances where you'd want title/publisher/user data to not be internal?

Thanks,

Joe

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Joshua Strunk avatar image
Joshua Strunk answered

Try Server.GetTitleInternalData.

As far as I am aware cloudscript.playfab.com is not updated with the latest API changes. (Please some one correct me if I am wrong on this)

Plain TitleData & PublisherData is ReadOnly. If you put all your data in internal your Client will be unable to read it and thus unable to make any use of it as config data for your game.

InternalData vs ReadOnlyData vs Data

Internal

• Server & Admin API
    • Read permission
    • Write permission
  • Client API
    • No read permission
    • No write permission

ReadOnly

• Server & Admin API
    • Read permission
    • Write permission
  • Client API
    • Read permission
    • No write permission

Data

• Server & Admin API
    • Read permission
    • Write permission
  • Client API
    • Read permission
    • Write permission
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image brendan commented ·

Correct - we are working on getting a replacement for the cloudscript.playfab.com page in place, as it is badly out of date, as Joshua said. In short though, all Server API calls are available in Cloud Script.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.