question

lance avatar image
lance asked

Error updating global title policy: Failed to save new global policy: Invalid action * in statement

I am following a number of posts and examples in the PlayFab community and the API Policy Guide, but I keep getting the following error: "Failed to save new global policy: Invalid action * in statement". The rest of my policy is the default policy.

Adding:

{

"Resource": "pfrn:api--/Client/UpdateUserTitleDisplayName",
"Action": "*",
"Effect": "Deny",
"Principal": "*",
"Comment": "This statement denies request to UpdateUserTitleDisplayName"
}
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

Global Title Policy and API Access Policy are two different things, the former is associated with the new Entity Model and the latter is for the classic API model.

The statement you posted above is for the API Access Policy, which can be edited via the UpdatePolicy API as this doc shows: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/api-references/api-access-policy#api-access-policy-example. And, I guess that you tried to added it in [Game Manager] -> [Settings] -> [API Features], which is not intended for the API Access Policy, that’s why you were getting the error.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.