question

Opticgamer avatar image
Opticgamer asked

Steam Payment Declined (failed by provider)

Hello,

I am using Simple IAP System in unity for my Playfab to Steam purchases. The asset has detailed integration documents for Playfab and Steam but whenever I attempt to purchase something in game it says "Payment Declined." Apparently, both of the docs are working correctly so it must be a problem on my end. When I look at the Playfab events history it says that the payment was declined by the provider. I've talked with the asset creator he said it would be best to post on here since the error is too generic to provide useful info for him to troubleshoot. I made sure to use the Steam addon in Playfab and even assigned my publisher web API key and still nothing. Any advice?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Steam purchase is non-receipt payment and PlayFab provides detailed documentation on: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/commerce/economy/non-receipt-payment-processing.

I am not familiar with Simple IAP and don’t know how it works, but according to the documentation, If for any reason the provider rejects the payment (which includes the player declining the payment), the order is considered failed by the provider, which cannot be determined by PlayFab because it will simply send your request to Steam. Can you see any logs from Steam?

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Opticgamer avatar image Opticgamer commented ·

Where do I check these logs from steam?

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.