question

Sebastian Kranzinger avatar image
Sebastian Kranzinger asked

Is the minimum billable Cloud script memory size (128MB) a typo?

Hi,

The pricing page says that the minimum billable Cloud script memory size and execution time are 128MB and 1ms, respectively. The 1ms makes sense, as that is a very small number and most Cloud script functions run longer than that. However, I don't understand the 128MB of memory. Most of our functions need about 50kB-150kB of memory. Is the minimum size meant to be 128kB? It seems a bit excessive to pay for about a thousand times the memory needed.

Thanks is advance,

Sebastian

CloudScriptpricing
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

I have confirmed with the team and checked the source code and it seems to be by design. I take the pricing on https://playfab.com/pricing/ as an example, Playfab will eventually take Execution Time and Total Execution for evaluation. 128MB running for a short time won’t consume many resources.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

Update:I will have a further discussion with team to confirm if it is expected behaviour and may keep you informed when there is feedback.

0 Likes 0 ·
Sebastian Kranzinger avatar image Sebastian Kranzinger Seth Du ♦ commented ·

Thanks for your reply! I just ran the numbers and it looks like billing with 128MB does not produce excessively high costs (when comparing to other meters with our usage) so it may be intended.

1 Like 1 ·
kamyker avatar image
kamyker answered

128mb is a standard in faas world.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.