sefa-enes-tas avatar image
sefa-enes-tas asked

GetAccountInfoRequest Not working some of title users

GetAccountInfoRequest r = new GetAccountInfoRequest
        {
            TitleDisplayName = str
        };

PlayFabClientAPI.GetAccountInfo(r, success, error);

I have a function at client for get users playfabid. I use TitleDisplayName for query. This function sometimes running, sometimes just giving "User Not Found" return for same user. I tried 5 times for same user-same display name- I got 2 times "User Not Found" error, 1 successfull return. I have 3 user in my title.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

sefa-enes-tas avatar image sefa-enes-tas commented ·

anyone can help for that?

0 Likes 0 ·
sefa-enes-tas avatar image sefa-enes-tas sefa-enes-tas commented ·

Hey, If someone is reading, I would like to share the bugs I found on this subject. I interact with my users via display name and use the UpdateUserTitleDisplayName function on the client side. If I update the display name on the client, GetAccountInfo always gives the answer "user not found". but if I update the display name on the admin side (with the help of postman), GetAccountInfo works correctly. I have done different trials many times and this is the final result.

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

I have tried to reproduce the issue and also updated Display Name with Client API, but there is no successful reproduction. The GetAccountInfo API works as expected.

Do you still have this issue right now? If so, please share the title ID and detailed reproduction steps, along with PlayFab ID, with us so that I can dig into it.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@SethDu I have still error. I tested again and same result.

If I update the display name on the client, GetAccountInfo always gives the answer "user not found". but if I update the display name on the admin side (with the help of postman), GetAccountInfo works correctly. I have done different trials many times and this is the final result.

my title ID: 7560B

this is urgent because I will release the game this week. I am waiting to fix this problem.

0 Likes 0 ·

I am having this problem for those who have numbers in display name. for example: user12341

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

(I have deleted your duplicated post)

Here is my reproduction steps, because I have only the read-only permission, all the reproduction steps are via client API.

1. Create a new account A, call GetAccountInfo to get the information the 3 existing player, which is User8152556, win123, lgdevice1234

• API result looks fine

2. Set the Display Name “testername” for the Player A with UpdateUserTitleDisplayName API

3. Create a new account B, call GetAccountInfo, to find “testername”

• API result looks fine

Is there anything I have missed? Are those APIs you have used in your client?

3 comments
    10 |1200

@SethDu there is one difference. I said, If the display name consists of only letters, the process is running well. but if it contains a number, I get an error. testername also works for me. but if I use GetAccountInfo for lgdevice1234, it is not working.

After the user logged in, I prepared a form for him/her to change display name, and I can update it successfully. but the user cannot get a response from the GetAccountInfo function. I need to update the display name by admin again for this function to work. What is the difference of display name update on admin and client side? and why not on the server?

0 Likes 0 ·

@SethDu any changes?

0 Likes 0 ·
    Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ sefa-enes-tas commented ·

Sorry, but I cannot reproduce, I have slightly changed the previous testing process and used newtestername123 as the new display name. However, the issue you have mentioned doesn't occur during my testing.

If you can provide detailed reproduction steps, which will include the complete request and callback result, we may help you submit a report to the corresponding team.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.