question

starkgaminginc avatar image
starkgaminginc asked

Troubleshooting GSDK (UE4)

My main issue is trying to find out what the problem is when sitting at "Deploying...". Are there log files on the Virtual Machine anywhere to review what the problem may be? I have a build launched right now if it can be checked.

Title ID: 2E57D

I'm following the "Integrating the PlayFab GSDK into Unreal Engine 4" guide and I believe I am very close to successfully getting my server up and running. A few changes from the guide that were needed so far are:

Using the Nuget Package Manager it placed the "packages" directory in my engine folder, I had to copy it to the GameProject directory.

Unreal Engine 4.22.3

In GameName.build.cs:

- Change the folder directory names from "Microsoft.VC.CRT" to "Microsoft.VC140.CRT"

- Update the folder name to the latest version of the GSDK "com.playfab.cppgsdk.v140.0.7.190715" (old) to "com.playfab.cppgsdk.v140.0.7.200221" (new).

- msvcp140_2.dll was not present in my build so I removed the whole line of code regarding it

Despite the "Deploying..." never-ending, I am able to RDP into the Virtual Machine. I noticed my files are not found on C:\Assets but in "D:\ExtAssets\SH0\A0\" I'm assuming this is intended as the VM is not the initiated instance. On the RDP Virtual Machine, when manually launching the dedicated server via the executable, my dedicated server is able to run and boot up without any DLL errors or crashing.

Custom Game Servers
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
starkgaminginc avatar image
starkgaminginc answered

Update: I'm running through some of the local testing with the PlayFabVMAgent. I'm working on resolving this:

Unhandled exception. System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (2): The system cannot find the file specified. at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo) at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start() at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo) at Microsoft.Azure.Gaming.VmAgent.Common.Interfaces.ProcessWrapper.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo) in E:\MPBuildHost14-01\_work\98\s\src\VmAgent\VmAgent.Common\Interfaces\ProcessWrapper.cs:line 32 at Microsoft.Azure.Gaming.VmAgent.Common.Interfaces.ProcessRunner.CreateAndStart(Int32 instanceNumber, GameResourceDetails gameResourceDetails, ISessionHostManager sessionHostManager) in E:\MPBuildHost14-01\_work\98\s\src\VmAgent\VmAgent.Common\Interfaces\ProcessRunner.cs:line 60 at Microsoft.Azure.Gaming.MockVmAgent.MultiplayerServerManager.CreateAndStartContainerWaitForExit(SessionHostsStartInfo startParameters) in E:\MPBuildHost14-01\_work\98\s\src\VmAgent\MockVmAgent\MultiplayerServerManager.cs:line 66 at Microsoft.Azure.Gaming.MockVmAgent.Program.Main(String[] args) in E:\MPBuildHost14-01\_work\98\s\src\VmAgent\MockVmAgent\Program.cs:line 73 at Microsoft.Azure.Gaming.MockVmAgent.Program.<Main>(String[] args)

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan commented ·

I can see that your servers are in the "PendingHeartbeat" state, that usually means "PlayFabVmagent is waiting for heartbeats from the game server". If that state is over, it will turn into "Standingby", and that won't take too long.

Did you resolve the issues happened when local testing, if resolved, you should be able to deploy the servers on Azure successfully.

0 Likes 0 ·
starkgaminginc avatar image starkgaminginc Citrus Yan commented ·

I was able to get the PlayfabVMAgent to run successfully. My first issue was wrong path structure for the Process/Container setup. This is what worked:

Process: "StartGameCommand": "ProjectName.exe -log"
Container: "StartGameCommand": "C:\\Assets\\ProjectName.exe"

From there the VMAgent was waiting for a heartbeat still. This issue was that I overlooked this small module change from default to your project's on the integration example.

Using the VMAgent, I was able to get a heartbeat and the server started, ticked for awhile than shut down appropriately.

Re-generated project files and re-build the project in Visual Studio. My upload has been successful and shows deployed!

Working on the client side now...

0 Likes 0 ·
overlookplayfab.png (15.6 KiB)
Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan starkgaminginc commented ·

Sounds great! Any questions please let us know:)

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.