question

kala476 avatar image
kala476 asked

PlayFabServerAPI does not exist

I have just started out with PlayFab. I am working with Unity.

The only thing I actually need is reading and writing the TitleData through API

The functions shown here should be enough:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/config/titledata/quickstart

But I get an error that PlayFabServerAPI does not exist within Playfab. Help?

Sory if i'm missing something complately obvious.

Hello,

I have just started out with PlayFab and I am confused. (I am working with Unity)

All what I really need for my is writing and reading from TitleData. The functions given here should be enough for me:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/config/titledata/quickstart

However PlayFabServerAPI seems not to exist within Playfab...

Sorry if I'm missing something obvious. I am a noob.

Title Data
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brandon@uprootstudios.com avatar image
brandon@uprootstudios.com answered

@kala476 If you've installed the PlayFab Editor Extension for Unity, you need to open it and enable the PlayFab Server API.

If you are not using the Editor Extension or just want to enable the Server API manually, you can open your project's settings in Unity and go to the Player settings, then in the box for Scripting Define Symbols (I think it's in Other Settings), add this:

ENABLE_PLAYFABSERVER_API

If you have other defines in that box, make sure you separate it with a semi-colon. For example:

MOBILE_INPUT;ENABLE_PLAYFABSERVER_API;CROSS_PLATFORM_INPUT

It should look similar to this.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.