question

Georg Laage avatar image
Georg Laage asked

account email verification mail and smtp config issues. NoContactEmailAddressFound

Hello there,

i currently try to set up a basic confirmation mail for our game but for some reason it always fails sending it.
The sent_mail event is triggered correctly but reports succes: false and the error "NoContactEmailAddressFound".

I am aware this is not the first post with this exact issue but the posts i read through did not help me in solving this issue. I tried to make sure that the ports used for our mail provider are correct, though after testing 25, 465 and 587 neither did work.
I also double checked the login information thrice.
To make sure our mail provider allows this in general i tried writing a small python script to log in and send a mail to us which did work using these commands:

>>> smtp_ssl = SMTP_SSL("<providerinfo>", <port>)
>>> smtp_ssl.login("<address>", "<password>")
(235, b'2.7.0 OK Authenticated')
>>> smtp_ssl.sendmail(....)

This makes me think that this should not require any special certificates to make it work. (Not experienced in this field though so i could be wrong here)

Thx in advance for any thoughts on this.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

This error is caused by Contact Email not being configured. The verification is for the contact email. Please navigate the Overview page of the player to update a contact email. (login email is for login verification)

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Georg Laage avatar image Georg Laage commented ·

okay that explains quite a lot then.

That begs one question then: Can i also send a verification mail to the login mail of the master account?
Because i cannot find a setting where i can change the events target mail.
And why would it save the mail into a slot where the "on player created" event would not find this mail exactly. This does not make any sense to me.
Why would i even have a mail address on the master player account then.

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ Georg Laage commented ·

That email is for locating the player account. For example, SendAccountRecoveryEmail API doesn't require any authentication context in the http header, because the property Email is contained in the request, which helps locate the player account, meanwhile if this player doesn't have a contact email, recovery email still won't be sent.

If you have any suggestions on the API use, please feel free to send a thread on the Feature Requests forum.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.