question

Rock Bolton avatar image
Rock Bolton asked

Error Code 1131: The URL for this request is not valid for this title.

Hi All,

I keep getting an error when I try to make any client side api call via an Unreal Engine Blueprint. The error is as follows.

note: xxxx is not my actual titleId, just a representation for it.

{"code":400,"status":"BadRequest","error":"InvalidAPIEndpoint","errorCode":1131,"errorMessage":"The URL for this request is not valid for this title. The correct API endpoint is https://xxxxx.playfabapi.com/"}

I've seen this error in other questions on this forum. The difference is, I had client side api calls and cloud script calls working last week and my authentication code seems to be working properly as I can see the PlayStream event occur when I log into the game. Now, I can't make any client side api calls or cloud script calls without getting the above error.

I believe I have the correct URL, TitleID, and Developer Secret Key Set for my title:

url: xxxxx.playfabapi.com/
title: XXXXX
secret key: AREALYLONGGUIDHERE

I set my settings in a custom event called on begin play:

Here is my authentication code that I use to log a user in and store their AuthenticationContext and UniquePlayFabId:

And here is a simple API call that was working last week:

Error Message In Game:

Play Stream Event showing successful authentication to the game as well:

The only thing I can think of that might have caused this issue to occur is that I checked in my local project into source control (git via bitbucket), but I made backup zip folder of the project before check in to be safe and even that project is getting these errors. I've also tried re-generating visual studio project files and that didn't help either.

Any help is greatly appreciated and thanks for reading through my info dump fueled by energy drinks and pulling my hair out :]

-Rock

unrealAuthentication
5 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Rock Bolton avatar image Rock Bolton commented ·

Looks like the pictures didn't save and I can't add pngs or jpeg to this comment either..... RIP

0 Likes 0 ·

For what it's worth since the pictures didn't save, this it the tutorial I followed for setting up the playfab sdk plugin initially:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/sdks/unreal/quickstart#calling-playfab-from-unreal-blueprints

0 Likes 0 ·

PlayFab Plugin Settings and Call to set Settings

0 Likes 0 ·

Authentication Blueprint and Example API Call

0 Likes 0 ·

In Game Error and PlayStream messages from Authentication

0 Likes 0 ·
ingameerror.png (252.1 KiB)
playstream.png (16.9 KiB)

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

I notice that you have mentioned:

I believe I have the correct URL, TitleID, and Developer Secret Key Set for my title:

url: xxxxx.playfabapi.com/
title: XXXXX
secret key: AREALYLONGGUIDHERE

May I ask is this from the UE4 project settings? If so, please correct the URL and “.playfabapi.com” is enough because Title ID and URL will be automatically spliced.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

You're my hero <3

Yes, that was from my plugin settings, and the changes you suggested appear to have fixed my api calls.

Thanks again!

-Rock

1 Like 1 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.