question

amun avatar image
amun asked

Shared Group Data corrupts when Delete Master Player via website,Shared Group Data Corrupts when Delete Master Player via website

A few more details: I'm using Unity and directly applying/creating groups with a liberal policy and PlayFabClientAPI. The corrupted shared group can still be read via APIs, but cannot be written to via APIs, and is corrupted when viewed via the playfab website and also cant be deleted via playfab web UI. Here's how it looks:

As my best guess: If you have a user in a shared group and then remove that user (i did "delete master player"), the shared groups associated with that player become corrupted. They can still be read via the API, but are corrupted for viewing on the website, and cannot be written to.

Here's what the website UI looks like in this state:

Vs. a normal non corrupted shared group:

Player DataShared Group Data
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

Thanks for your feedback on this. We can reproduce the issue however with one exception: that specific shared group data can be written using the UpdateSharedGroupData API. We’ll report this to the engineering team to investigate, any updates will keep you informed.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.