question

Choi Yan Lok avatar image
Choi Yan Lok asked

Launched 0 Title, Still Charges $108.58 each month

Hello,

I have just upgraded my studio to the new pricing model.

All of the games are still in Development Mode, and hasn't exceeds any of the limit.

Yet, when I check in the Billing Summary, it shows my Month-to-date total is $108.58.

• Base Rate - Current Month
  • Base rate
  • $9.58
  • $99.00

Could you please take a look?

Studio ID: D76BBB4188C61C2

Thank you.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Developers who were in a paid tier previously, and who moved to the new pricing model, are in the Standard tier to start, which is $99 a month. If you sign up for it after the billing cycle for the current month, the first invoice you receive will be for the balance of the month you signed up, and the month you've entered (since the base fee is applied at the start of the month). Looking at your account, you must have only just signed up, as there's no invoice showing any charges or payments.

The issue here is that since you were in the Indie tier, even though you hadn't hit the 1K mark yet, that pushed you into the Standard tier when you signed up for the new billing model. We have a work item open for our billing team to update that logic. In the meantime, we can have your account updated to be fully in the Development Mode tier.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image brendan commented ·

Actually, wait. You're not in the Standard tier - you are in the free tier. You haven't been charged anything, nor are you about to be. That page (the billing summary) is only showing you the estimated costs for when you are in the Standard Tier, so that you can effectively plan for that. I'll have the Game Manager folks update that page with some more explanatory text.

1 Like 1 ·
Choi Yan Lok avatar image Choi Yan Lok commented ·

Thank you for the explanation!

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.