question

Felix .Ng avatar image
Felix .Ng asked

What is the best practices to update Player Data frequency?

Hi, I've creating a custom item inventory. Each time player want to upgrade an item (by clicking to the upgrade button). I want to update the changed data to the Player Internal Data.

Each time the upgrade button is clicked, the client sends a request to call cloud scripts which is validates, saves to the Player Internal Data and responses the results to the client. If the request too much, sometime gets the error DataUpdateRateExceeded. I only allow the Upgrade button to be clicked every 1.25 seconds. Is it the best way?

Thanks for your advice! :)

apis
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

It will definitely exceeding the limit from time to time. There are specified details stated in [Game Manager] -> [Title Settings] ->[Limits]:

• Player data value updates per 15 seconds 5 update operations

Number of times the same player data value may be updated within a period of 15 seconds.

• Player data value updates per 5 minutes 150 update operations

Number of times the same player data value may be updated within a period of 5 minutes.

• Player data value updates per hour 1,800 update operations

Number of times the same player data value may be updated within a period of 1 hour.

You may reduce the update frequency to 3s. Otherwise, you can cache and count the player’s frequent performance, like clicking times, and only execute Cloud Script function when the performance is done and transfer the count as an argument.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Felix .Ng avatar image
Felix .Ng answered

@SethDu Thanks for your detailed explanation

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.