question

orhanozsoy avatar image
orhanozsoy asked

Playing With Friends

Hello Everyone, We will add Friend System into our game and i need some advices.

This feature includes this options

-Add Friend with Request and responses. We can use Two way friend confirmation for this.It is ok part of this feature. We can use push notification for messaging between two players.

-But also we will add lobby system so player can invite other player to its own lobby and make matchmaking after that.

**We are using photon networking for matchmaking stuff.**

I need some help about lobby system with playfab.In lobby system we should can able to do;

-Invite a player

-Kick a player

-Ready/Not ready option, when all users ready, lobby master can start matchmaking with everyone.

-Also i think we can use for lobbies entity groups or party system api but i don't know what is the best practice of that.

Any help will be appreciated!

Friendssupport
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

PlayFab doesn’t support Lobby in the multiplayer server 2.0, along with the new matchmaking. It is supported in Legacy multiplayer server service but we won’t recommend because it is hard to find the documentation and provide support.

As you have been using Photon, Phone does support the Lobby feature. I am not very familiar with Photon, but it supports listing rooms, join, get ready and etc., you may refer to: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/multiplayer/photon/quickstart.

In terms of invitation feature, If party is implemented, you may send the room Id to the player so that they can join. Otherwise, Shared Group Data can be used as an alternative solution, but please note that it is not real-time.

1 comment
        10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

orhanozsoy avatar image orhanozsoy commented ·

We are using this approach right now. But in photon when you join a lobby you can not see other players online status anymore, i think it is only workaround for now. I am wondering group system is useful for this feature, or photon lobby is better for that. We don't need to send data with shared group data because we already use push notifications to sending data and it is working normal.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.