question

extrys-casasola avatar image
extrys-casasola asked

Im creating a Game wich needs a community levels database before june 9th, any workaround to UGC

Im creating a Game wich needs a community levels database before june 9th

I need to host a database to make player be able to share levels ingame
and get a list of the levels before 9th

because my game is registered in the Steam Summer Game Festival

and i would like to have it working when people try my game in the duration of the event

i would like to know if someone can give me a fast workaround to be able to do so,

because

· UGC stills in Private Preview
· Gamesparks pricing plans meh

· Im creating a database but i have fear i can not host it somewhere because is the first time i make one

unity3dcommunity
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

It will be extremely hard for you to implement a UGC workaround in 9 days. The best workaround is still hosting an external database like Azure Cloud/ Cosmos DB, which can work well with the Azure function of PlayFab. We highly recommend you to have someone expertise on external database to assist you host a UGC feature.

According to the specific needs of your scenario, you can use Player Data, Entity Object or Files to store UGC, but it will be difficult to create a place that other players can browse and use those UGC. One of the places that PlayFab offer a list of players is Leaderboard, and you may adding statistics to those players who upload UGC (for example, in Player Data). So that players can get a list and iteratively retrieve those players’ UGC via API call on the client. Please be aware of the API limits and this is a temporary workaround and external database server is still a better solution.

1 comment
      10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

extrys-casasola avatar image extrys-casasola commented ·

Thanks you! , im already working on an external database, waiting to switch to UGC when its ready

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.