question

extrys-casasola avatar image
extrys-casasola asked

Handle an External Database in Playfab

I have a game ith integrated level editor, and i will need to have a database to make players able to upload and download their levels and other people levels, so its like i need a global database, I heard about UGC, but its in private preview, and i will need to have a working accessible ingame database for the community levels,

So what im doing is creating a database with mamp, is there any way to link the database with playfab so i can access it through playfab or something like?

community
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

extrys-casasola avatar image extrys-casasola commented ·

For example using the login system from playfab for registering on the database

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Hernando avatar image
Hernando answered

After the player login the PlayFab, he will obtain an EntityToken that uniquely identifies a single entity from the server-side. Therefore you can authenticate the player through validating the EntityToken on your MAMP server.

Specifically, you need to add the EntityToken in the header of the database request which from the client. After receiving the request, the MAMP server should call the ValidateEntityToken API (To call this API, the PlayFab SDK will be necessary for your server code.) to validate the user and get his account profile. Finally, after the API returns a 200 OK Code, the MAMP server can query data as a response for the client.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.