question

extrys-casasola avatar image
extrys-casasola asked

Global Access Level Editor Data

Hello im creating a multiplayer game with level editor included, and i need to save the levels somewhere, im new at playfab and i would like to know which is the best options, since my levels can be upto 100kb, usually no more that that, wuth an average size of 50kb

i would like to know what i should do to be able to load and upload levels

they are binary files, but i would like to add the name of the map and an image separatedly to make them queriable and be able to present a list of levels with their correspondent images

thanks a lot!

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

What you are asking is much more like the UGC (User-Generated Content) feature to me, using it players can create & publish their own levels, and other players can search and use them. However, this feature is currently in private preview, which means that it’s not available to the general public yet. According to the Roadmap: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/roadmap/#coming-next, this feature will begin to move from private to public preview in the first half of 2020, therefore we recommend that you wait for it to come out so that you can integrate it with your game, please keep an eye on our blog & release notes for any updates.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

extrys-casasola avatar image
extrys-casasola answered

@Citrus Yan Thaks for that info,
But i will need a working database before day 9 of june, so i will make my own database for that, and come back to playfab when that feature get released and also for the multiplayer

Is there any way to know the price of that preview feature?

1 comment
10 |1200

Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan commented ·

Our pricing is consumption based, more details can be found here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/pricing/pricing-overview

However, Pricing for preview features is not listed though.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.