question

Jacques Leemans avatar image
Jacques Leemans asked

Import users from MySQL or Admin API to create users?

Our current database is a MySQL, is there an Admin function to create players or a way to import from JSON? I see there is a Parse importer, which has Create Player permissions, how can I do something similar, just a bit more manual.

For another project, I have a MongoDB, so I would like a general way to import users from either MongoDB or MySQL or even SQL.

Thanks!

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

The Parse import tool takes the user objects defined in the standard Parse format and creates player accounts in PlayFab using their info. Unfortunately, there's no way to abstract that to an arbitrary user data format, since the schema for how your players are defined could be just about anything.

For now, what I would recommend is implementing PlayFab in parallel to your existing backend services, so that you can create player accounts in our service as players sign in.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.