question

al361658 avatar image
al361658 asked

How long it takes to completely delete a player?

I created some users for testing and deleting them from my account. 8 days later I've been trying to create a new user using an email from a player already deleted, but I receive an error saying that email is not available. I don't know if I have to do something else o maybe I did something wrong.

thanks!

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

“Deleting” a player queues its account for deletion, the queue, which is shared among other titles, usually takes a variable amount of time to complete, depending on its workload. A more detailed discussion can be seen here: https://community.playfab.com/questions/19007/urgent-account-is-unavailable-because-it-is-being.html

And, may I know which account did you delete, is it the master player account or the title player account? If you deleted the title player accounts, the credentials won’t be removed from the master player accounts because title player deletion only deletes title specific data, you can still use that credential to log into the current title, or any other titles under the same studio, and create a new title player account. I think this should be reason why you received an error saying that email is not available because it’s still being used the master player account. For more details of the difference between title & master player accounts, this thread might be helpful: https://community.playfab.com/questions/38499/multiple-accounts-within-the-same-title.html?childToView=38548#answer-38548

That being said, if you wish to be able to re-use those PlayFab accounts’ credentials (Email & Password) after the deletion, you should delete the master player accounts instead.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.