question

collinjryan avatar image
collinjryan asked

Can't successfully verify containerization

Here's where I'm at:

1. RunContainer = false works great. Everything works as expected in the local test, all the callbacks return properly.
  2. Deploying the build in gamemanager yields Unhealthy
  3. RunContainer = true results Container ... exited with exit code 1

2 and 3 had both led me to believe the issue was with the included dlls, but I have double and triple checked, and all the dlls shown with listdll.exe are contained in the zip. Is there another potential issue that could be causing this? Is there perhaps a certain location in the file structure that the dlls should be located in?

unity3d
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

There are few workarounds for you to troubleshot this issue.

• Compare your project with the latest Unity Mirror sample on: https://github.com/PlayFab/gsdkSamples/tree/master/UnityMirror. Since UnityNetwork will be deprecated, we recommend you to refer to this latest sample.
  • Enable “Server Build” in build settings of Unity. (my old testing project is deployed healthy after this option is checked.)
  • Download the latest VmAgent Release 0.9.5 where PlayFab docker image has been upgrade to “wsc-10.0.17763.973.1” so and also enable debugging in the script. Theoretically, there will be more detailed information and error messages in the log txt file.
5 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

collinjryan avatar image collinjryan commented ·

Server build is enabled, and I'm using that version of VmAgent and the docker image, but where is the debug setting?
I'll doublecheck the Mirror sample as well, but that's what we based on originally.

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ collinjryan commented ·

You may use Debug.Log() to do it, all the data is stored in the directory you have defined in MultiplayerSettings.json file.

In addition, you may also consider enabling the public variable Debugging in the script to see more running logs.

public bool Debugging = true;

0 Likes 0 ·
collinjryan avatar image collinjryan Seth Du ♦ commented ·

Ah. I know how to log in Unity, I assumed you were referring to some special VMAgent logs.

0 Likes 0 ·
collinjryan avatar image collinjryan commented ·

Actually, wait. Mirror still relies on NetworkManager which has already been deprecated.

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ collinjryan commented ·

They can be similar but independent because it is the replacement solution for UNet. For more information, please refer to the Unity documentation.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.