question

Johnatan David Gonzalez Vasquez avatar image
Johnatan David Gonzalez Vasquez asked

Custom Game Server: Different gameplays [Unity]

Hey,

So I have this game I developed a few years ago which had multiple builds (for the server) that needed to be run depending on the type of game you wanted to play.

Lest say the first game mode is an fps and I have the server binary

another mode, a flying fps mode

how should I handle this on playfab (matchmaker), shall I upload the 2 different builds and then call via the matchmaker which one I need created? (is there a guide for this? I have no idea how to implement this)

Custom Game ServersMatchmaking
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Will you consider migrate to the new Multiplayer server 2.0 along with the new matchmaking system? Currently, the new feature will have more detailed tutorials and documentation, where your scenario can be fulfilled easily by creating multiple server builds and multiple matchmaking queue. It is designed as the replacement for the legacy feature. You may refer to the documentation on: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/multiplayer/servers/.

It will be difficult for us to provide detailed suggestions on the legacy multiplayer server, along with the old matchmaker, because the documentation is hard to find. I will need to consult the team for more information that we can support if you still want to use the Legacy multiplayer servers.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.