question

ichris avatar image
ichris asked

Validate Receipts in Unreal Engine 4 (Blueprints)

Hello

I'm working on my first game, trying to integrate In App Purchases, and after getting my app rejected on the App Store because I didn't include Receipts Validation, I was lead to believe that PlayFab could help me Validate Receipts with Blueprints in Unreal Engine.

I did find the necessary nodes but as I'm still new I have no idea how to use them, and sadly haven't been able to find any documentation about the process I need.

I have the Make In App Purchase node in Unreal like below

Could someone please point out how I can setup Validate Receipts with this?

Thank you

In-Game Economyunreal
image-192610.png (68.6 KiB)
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

In terms of In-App Purchase with receipts, the process will be similar, please refer to: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/commerce/economy/getting-started-with-unity-iap-android.

After the purchase is done via SDKs from Apple, there should be a Base64 encoded receipt data from a successful purchase, you may call ValidateIOSReceipt to finish the purchase process.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

ichris avatar image ichris commented ·

Hello and thank you for your help.

The documentation helped me set things up from the playfab side.

But when it comes to Unreal, I'm not so sure. Is this the correct setup or am I missing something?

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ ichris commented ·

For ValidateIOSReceipt, the property PurchasePrice and ReceiptData are required in the request. Please try to fill in those property and try to see if it works.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.