question

daniele.ricci@tlmpartnersinc.com avatar image
daniele.ricci@tlmpartnersinc.com asked

Session Ticket from Microsoft OAuth2

Hi all,

I'm writing an admin panel for a game; I'm using Microsoft OAuth2 to let admins sign in my admin panel; now I have in may hands a MS OAuth2 access_token, who can I use it to get a PlayFab SessionTicket?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/playfab/client/authentication?view=playfab-rest

Here I can found several methods to login in PLayFab API through several OAuth2 providers but not MS.

What I'm missing? Am I blind?

Thank you,

Daniele

apissdks
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

Currently, PlayFab does not support authenticating with Microsoft OAuth2. And, Session Ticket is used by players in the game to make client API calls, may I know why do you want to use that in the admin panel? Please correct me if I am wrong, as I understand it, the admin panel should mainly use Admin APIs, maybe sometimes Server APIs, to do administration and management jobs. Admin/Server APIs use title secret key, available in [Game Manager] -> [Title Settings] -> [Secret Keys], to authenticate the calls.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

daniele.ricci@tlmpartnersinc.com avatar image
daniele.ricci@tlmpartnersinc.com answered

Thank you @Citrus Yan ,

yes you exactly got my scenario and problem,

and moreover, yes Admin and Server sections of API are what I'm looking for!

After a first quick look taken on that sections, it seems you solved my problem.

Thank you very much,

Daniele

1 comment
10 |1200

Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan commented ·

Glad that helped, If you have any questions during using PlayFab, please let us know:)

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.