question

Deekshith avatar image
Deekshith asked

Migrating complete player data from one title to other

I have a player setup in One of my title. It has lots of data in Inventory and other places.

I have a another project under same studio and I want to clone the complete player's data to other title.

How can that be done?

Player DataPlayer Inventory
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

If you are looking for a single API or feature that can automatically migrate one account to another title, It is not supported by PlayFab.

However, if you consistently have this requirement, you may create a local tool/maintain an external agent server that can call series of API to help them to transfer the data. Since the data of Master Player Account is shared within the studio, the login identities won’t be required to migrate, and only player data, statistics, inventory, etc. will be required to transfer to a new title. The migration process can be done via corresponding server APIs.

The best scenario is only when a player requests for the migration, will the server perform the process. Please remember to throttle API use to a limited rate to prevent issues.

6 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Deekshith avatar image Deekshith commented ·

If player Inventory has 200 Items then manually moving the items by calling API everytime for each item is not feasible.

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ Deekshith commented ·

For now, I haven't found any detailed limits, but GrantItemsToUser API allows granting multiple items to a player in single API call. Please note that more items will cost more processiing time.

0 Likes 0 ·
Deekshith avatar image Deekshith Seth Du ♦ commented ·

Can this migration of player data from one title to another be done in cloudcript of any of the 2 title?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.