question

tringuyen1204 avatar image
tringuyen1204 asked

Profile Read/Write Counts in new pricing system

The profile Read/Write API like GetTitleData or UpdatePlayerData with multiple keys are counted as 1 or multiple R/W in pricing system? I'm a little confused with new pricing system and struggle to optimize the usage so far

apispricing
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Each KVP (key/value pair) is separate, for purposes of calculating the total meter usage. But please be sure to review the example in the pricing documentation (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/pricing/meters/meters#example). The meter "ticks" for profile represent 1KB of data, averaged for the month.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Choi Yan Lok avatar image Choi Yan Lok commented ·

@Brendan

I am still a bit confused.

So does this means that if I call "GetTitleData(null)" and retrieve all my 100 title data KVPs (Total size = 10kB), it will be a total of 100 profile reads?
But according to the doc, it doesn't state that each KVP counts as a profile read. In that case, would it be 10 profile reads (1 call * 10kB) instead?

Thank you

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.