question

Rock Bolton avatar image
Rock Bolton asked

Re-Grant Revoked Items?

Hi All,

Is it possible to "re-grant" and item that has been revoked from a players inventory? I'm trying to prototype a marketplace/auction house for player trading and am using a third-party database for managing the listings. I'm trying to figure out a proper way to mark items that a player is listing as listed.

I looked into using the Trade API but it seems sketchy to me to handle the item trading and virtual currency adjustments locally, and I also need to tell the auction house database to remove the listing once it's completed. I think the best approach will be to handle this in cloudscripts where I can try and transfer/duplicate the item between the two users and adjust their virtual currencies at the same time.

Another option I thought of would be to add a "Listed":"true" value to the items custom data while is listed.

Also, do revoked items count toward the 1200 item limit on a player's inventory?
In-Game EconomyPlayer InventoryTrading
2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Rock Bolton avatar image Rock Bolton commented ·

Update 1: Sorry, I meant 1500 for the player item limit

Update 2: I believe this thread is asking for the same thing, in that I'm essentially looking for the best way to exchange/move an item between 2 players server side (preferably through Cloudscipts). I'm also looking for a best practice to mark items as listed in the players inventory so the client knows they can't use it.

What I think will end up being my solution is:

1. Try Revoking the item from the seller
  2. Then Add Virtual currency to seller if item was revoked
  3. Then Grant the Buyer a new item that has the same custom properties as the listed item
  4. Then Subtract Virtual currency from the buyer

If there was a way to simply move the item from player to player server side, that would be better than revoking and creating a new item (I think).

0 Likes 0 ·
Rock Bolton avatar image Rock Bolton commented ·

Update 3: It looks like Revoked items don't count towards the players item limit according to this answer, so that helps with my solution!

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

>> If there was a way to simply move the item from player to player server side, that would be better than revoking and creating a new item (I think).

Currently, PlayFab doesn’t provide such features to implement trading and exchange of items between players. The workaround you mentioned is still the only solution. If you need a feature that can supports trading and exchange of items between players, you can try to add a feature request for it.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.