question

Dean Loades avatar image
Dean Loades asked

When do Leaderboards reset?

I would like to know when resetting leaderboards reset.

I assume it is midnight in some part of the world but haven't seen it mentioned anywhere in the docs so far. Ideally I would like to be able to pull down a "time till reset".

It would also be handy if I was able to make a cloud script function run when it happens.

Thanks for any info!

Leaderboards and Statistics
2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Dean Loades avatar image Dean Loades commented ·

Umm, sorry about the double text here. I did the post again because I couldn't tell if it had been posted, and now it seems to have combined the two. You are not seeing double.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan Dean Loades commented ·

No worries - I've edited it.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Currently, the leaderboard resets at 00:00 UTC at the indicated period (daily, weekly, etc.). For hourly, of course, it's at XX:00 (every hour). We do plan to offer more options around this in future, but what specifically do you have in mind that you wanted to do in Cloud Script, so that we understand your use case?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Dean Loades avatar image
Dean Loades answered

Sorry about the delay I replied to this a while ago but it seems that sometimes my posts get eaten by forum gremlins.

Ok so my use case would be:

The game has a daily challenge based on a seed value. It has a daily leaderboard for that challenge. I want everybody to be playing with the same seed, and to know exactly when that challenge expires.

So Ideally, when the leaderboard resets, it would call script that would set the seed and any other details for that challenge in the title data.

When a player starts the game they would call another cloudscript, that would return info for that challenge, name, seed, whatever else, plus a time stamp for when that challenge expires.

So how much of that is possible?

Thanks!

1 comment
10 |1200

Dean Loades avatar image Dean Loades commented ·

@Brendan Seems my post didn't get eaten. It was just in moderation. But the only way to know that is to make another post.

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

We'll shortly be providing scheduled Cloud Scripts, which will provide for exactly what you describe (that's actually one of the core scenarios we described internally).

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.