question

Johnatan David Gonzalez Vasquez avatar image
Johnatan David Gonzalez Vasquez asked

Unity Servers & Matchmaking

Hello!,

Currently I'm figuring out how to integrate Playfab into my game, now I want to develop a "billiard" game using unity as a authoritative server.

My plan is the user to start his app, then he can create a party with his friends or go solo into the matchmaking, now after the players are ready I want to create the instance... is this possible?

unity3dMatchmaking
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

Yes, PlayFab can help you with that. You can use the Matchmaking feature PlayFab offers to build matchmaking into your game, it supports matching solely or as a group with other players. Once the match is made, you may use the Multiplayer Servers feature to request a server instance hosted in Azure where players can play together. And, Matchmaking also includes an option that can automatically create a game server for the resulting match, this saves the work of manually requesting servers for you. For more details, please read the following docs:

Matchmaking

Multiplayer Servers

Integrating with PlayFab Multiplayer Servers

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.