question

birbilemir avatar image
birbilemir asked

ModifyItemUSes On Character Inventory...

I have bumped into an old post about this exact question and it was dated at 2016(4 years ago), then it seems to be someone else tried to revive the post at 2018(2 years ago), now here I am wondering why am I supposed to move my items from Character To Inventory > Modify them > Then Put it back to character. That is extremely inefficent. Just trying to take your attention so in 2022 someone else can revive these post. Original Post : https://community.playfab.com/questions/627/208220377-ModifyItemUses-on-an-item-in-character-s-inventory.html

Player InventoryCharacter DataCharacters
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

Currently, PlayFab provides the Server API ConsumeItem that can be used to consume uses of a consumable item from the character’s inventory. If you want to consume uses of the character’s inventory items on CloudScript, ConsumeItem can be used instead of ModifyItemUses. If you want to add the numbers of characters’ inventory items, this Server API GrantItemsToCharacter can be an alternative. To learn more about the updates of PlayFab, please refer to our release notes and the roadmap. If the feature that modifying the number of uses of characters’ inventory items is still necessary for you, you can try to add a feature request for it.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

birbilemir avatar image
birbilemir answered

well but I cant add more than one with grant items to character, so

10 |1200

Alex Ong avatar image
Alex Ong answered

Server API GrantItemsToCharacter is not efficient if I want to grant 1000 units of the same item to character. Please provide ModifyItemCharacter

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.