question

Martin K avatar image
Martin K asked

How to access records from GameserverSDK.LogMessage?

Where do the log messages recorded via GameserverSDK.LogMessage() go?

According to the documentation here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/multiplayer/servers/archiving-and-retrieving-multiplayer-server-logs

I should be able to access these logs if I go to Multiplayer/Servers//View Archive.

But if I go there all I get is a blank page?

Leaderboards and Statisticssupport
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

Yes, you should be able to access the logs via Multiplayer/Servers//View Archive, regarding to the blank page issue, would you please share you title id so that we can investigate further? And, as a workaround, you can try doing it programmatically:

1. Use the ListArchivedMultiplayerServers API to retrieve the ServerId(s) in a specific build.
  2. Then use the GetMultiplayerServerLogs API with the ServerId to obtain the download URL and check the logs.
4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brandon@uprootstudios.com avatar image brandon@uprootstudios.com commented ·

@Citrus Yan We've also been experiencing the same issue, where selecting "View Archive" results in a blank page (also tried a different browser with no add-ons or extensions). For reference, our Title ID is E39D6, although we have no active builds right now. We've just been using SSH to view logs when we need to.

0 Likes 0 ·
Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan brandon@uprootstudios.com commented ·

Hi @Brandon Phillips, @Martin K

Thanks for your feedback, we've reported this issue to the engineering team, any updates will keep you informed:)

0 Likes 0 ·
Martin K avatar image Martin K commented ·

@Citrus Yan : the title ID is A382B.

I suspect that it is probably a bug, given that others are experiencing it too!

0 Likes 0 ·
franklinchen avatar image franklinchen commented ·

Hi @Martin K, the issue as the Archived Servers page turns blank when migrated to the new pricing plan has been resolve. Please let me know your feedback.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.