question

nucleatnt avatar image
nucleatnt asked

PlayFab login doesn't work in build

I recently finished setting up my game to work with PlayFab. All was well in the unity editor, leaderboards loaded, you could log in and register, however when I built the game and ran it for some reason the PlayFab login doesn't work anymore. I have no idea and can't really debug since there isn't a console in finished builds.

unity3dLeaderboards and StatisticsAuthentication
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brandon@uprootstudios.com avatar image
brandon@uprootstudios.com answered

@nucleatnt What platform are you building on? In any event, there are multiple ways to view logs on a client device. Perhaps the easiest way would be to enable Development Build (and Autoconnect Profiler) when building, then when you go to run the client on the device, you can choose the device to attach the Unity Console to, so you can view the logs in the Editor in realtime.

Alternatively, if you're on iOS, you can view the logs in Xcode while running. If you're on Android, you can view the logs using 'logcat' while running. For standalone builds, you would need to either use the -logFile argument, or attach it to the Unity Editor's console.

6 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

@nucleatnt, I believe Brandon has got the point here. This is a platform specific question and you may find more dedicated support from the specific platform's community.

0 Likes 0 ·
nucleatnt avatar image nucleatnt Seth Du ♦ commented ·

Do you know of any unity communities? No offence to them but I've found the unity discord to be a bit... lacking in help when it comes to external plugins

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ nucleatnt commented ·

In my point of view, it is more like plugin independent issue. I am not very familiar with Unity support channel, but I usually find some useful threads on https://forum.unity.com/.

In terms of your issue, have you tried to set the Windows firewall whitelist for your game application?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
nucleatnt avatar image nucleatnt commented ·

I'm building for Windows x86, I'll do what you suggested and enable development build to check the logs for any errors.

0 Likes 0 ·
brandon@uprootstudios.com avatar image brandon@uprootstudios.com nucleatnt commented ·

If it's easier, you can just launch your game from the command-line on Windows and use the -logFile argument with a file path. Example:

YourGame.exe -logFile "C:\Users\[YourUserProfile]\Desktop\GameLog.txt"
0 Likes 0 ·
corwyn avatar image
corwyn answered

How are you setting your TitleID when you run the game in the editor and how are you setting it when you build the game?

2 comments
10 |1200

nucleatnt avatar image nucleatnt commented ·

I use the editor and set all the variables in the extension, but I also set the TitleID in the code just to be safe.

0 Likes 0 ·
Wouter van Putten avatar image Wouter van Putten commented ·

I had the same issue as nucleatnt. Then I stumbled on your question and set the TitleID hardCoded. It seems to work! In WebGL at least.

Thanks.. You're a life saver...

0 Likes 0 ·
Wouter van Putten avatar image
Wouter van Putten answered
10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.