question

flashfoxter avatar image
flashfoxter asked

Error on load .pem file

I try to upload .pem file for iOS Notifications, but i have error:

An error occurred while loading data from the server. PlayFab engineers have been notified of the issue and will investigate.

Can you help me to fix this problem as soon as possible.

Push Notifications
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Zac Bragg avatar image
Zac Bragg Deactivated answered

Hey Flash,

I believe this occurs when you are uploading a Production Apple certificate. Can you confirm? We are aware of this issue and our web developer will be looking into this in a bit.

While the automated Game Manager tool may not be working, you can always use the manual method (described in the iOS push notification guide).

Hope this helps get you unblocked.

-Zac

15 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

flashfoxter avatar image flashfoxter commented ·

Hi Zac, thanks for your reply.

We created .pem file using this manual https://api.playfab.com/docs/push-for-ios And we used Development certificate (Apple Push Notification service SSL (sandbox))

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan flashfoxter commented ·

Correct, that's the right way to make a PEM, but as Zac said, there's a known issue with the Game Manager upload which will be fixed soon. In the meantime, did you try using the manual method Zac linked? Can you confirm if that worked for you?

0 Likes 0 ·
flashfoxter avatar image flashfoxter brendan commented ·

Yes, we try it. But we have error on try to call push notification method.

Error: Missing or invalid X-SecretKey HTTP header

We set secret key in preferences.

-1 Like -1 ·
Show more comments
flashfoxter avatar image flashfoxter commented ·

I think we missed the point)

We use Unity SDK and did everything described in https://api.playfab.com/docs/push-for-ios

We are not doing any service calls via HTTP from our service)

Also after setting everything up we tried to turn on the push notifications in Playfab console, and PEM file upload failed :(

0 Likes 0 ·
Zac Bragg avatar image Zac Bragg flashfoxter commented ·

Hey Flash,

We pushed an update to the Game Manager for fixing the production cert issue. Give it another try and let us know if you still experience issues; however, if you have done everything in the guide, you should be good to go already. Please let me know what issues your are still having with as much details as you can provide.

-Zac

0 Likes 0 ·
contact-1 avatar image contact-1 commented ·

Hi,

I'm trying to register push notifications iOS and I'm getting :

Could not find RSA key text in PEM file.

Also it's not working via direct form, please help. Our online multiplayer can't work without push notifications.

0 Likes 0 ·
Zac Bragg avatar image Zac Bragg contact-1 commented ·

Sure,

Can you send me your PEM file (reference this ticket in the subject)?

I need the details to reproduce the issue, and while I am at it, I will make the upload manually.

-Zac

0 Likes 0 ·
contact-1 avatar image contact-1 Zac Bragg commented ·

I've send you pem file but still didn't get any answer. Please help us since we can't proceed with the game.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

I've send it to Zac Bragg

devrel at playfab dott com
0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan contact-1 commented ·

Could you re-send that, please? I cannot find any email from this contact@ email address in the devrel mailbox.

0 Likes 0 ·

I've send it to you again from aa@....

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Zac Bragg avatar image
Zac Bragg Deactivated answered

Ok Contact-1, I have your .PEM file and I manually updated all of your titles to be configured with the certificate.

Basically you need to collapse the key down to one single-line string, for both the Credential and the Platform. This string should use \n in-place of line breaks.

-z

10 |1200

quanpn82 avatar image
quanpn82 answered

Hi

I also can not upload pem file and use SetupPushNotification to register Push for iOS.

I try to replace line breaks with \n character, but seems not effect. Please help me check my pem files. What email I can send pem files to?

Thank you

1 comment
10 |1200

brendan avatar image brendan commented ·

Please click the option on this page to open a ticket.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jason Woodall avatar image
Jason Woodall answered

I am also having this same error. I have sent an email to devrel

1 comment
10 |1200

Andy avatar image Andy ♦♦ commented ·

Base don the ticket, it looks like you were able to resolve this yourself.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.