I am trying to implement what I thought was the simplest, default way of joining multiplayer games:
1. client connects, if there are no multiplayer sessions running it creates one
2. if one already exists it joins that
- no consideration to stats, teams, skills or any kind of advanced matchmaking are required.
- the official playfab sample doesn't do this, as every time it runs it attempts to create a new server:
So after searching the forums I found this thread:
- here, someone recommended that I make the following 3 consecutive calls:
1. Call ListBuildSummaries
2. Call ListMultiplayerServers
3. Call RequestMultiplayerServer
- I tried this, but ListMultiplayerServers cannot be called from the client. One of the PlayFab techs in another thread:
- suggested that I use Cloudscript for this. So I am off to the Cloudscript tutorial. On the page "Writing custom cloudscript":
- it says that the 'server' object "Has access to all server-side API calls listed in the PlayFab API reference documentation."
I tried calling server.ListMultiplayerServers(). This returned an error informing me that 'server.ListBuildSummaries is not a function'.