question

Ben Thomas avatar image
Ben Thomas asked

UE4 Blueprint and C++ Co-Operation

Is it possible to use PlayFab's C++ and Blueprint integration in the same game? For ease of development, I want to keep the login as blueprint code and I want to be able to make api queries with c++. Is this possible or would I need to chose either blueprint or c++?

apisunreal
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

Our Unreal Marketplace plugin offers both the C++ interface and the Blueprint interface at your disposal, you may start with this Quickstart: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/sdks/unreal/quickstart#calling-playfab-from-unreal-blueprints.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Ben Thomas avatar image Ben Thomas commented ·

So does this mean I can use blueprint to authenticate and then use c++ without having to re-authenticate?

0 Likes 0 ·
Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan Ben Thomas commented ·

Yes, once authenticated either via Blueprint or C++, the SessionTicket/EntityToken should be automatically set so that you can make successive calls without re-authenticate.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.