question

orhanozsoy avatar image
orhanozsoy asked

Temporary storage issue, please retry request. Service Unavailable 503

We started to getting this issue. Title ID:3703. it looks like it is random when player updating user data, updating statistics, It is not too often or everytime, but i didn't get it what is the problem. Thank you for your help.

Player Datadata
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

Generally, this errors happens when there’s a sudden increase in updates for a single data block in a short period, in your case it’s the User Data and the Statistic data. Would you please share the specifics of your calling pattern for UpdateUserData & UpdatePlayerStatistics and error responses so that we can tell whether the calling frequency is too high in some cases where you would get such issue. Or, if this is just a temporary issue, there could be many other possibilities: from issues with communication between internet nodes to a brief slow-down in the back-end server.

6 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

orhanozsoy avatar image orhanozsoy commented ·

@Citrus Yan I added my comment as a answer accidentally, I will try to explain execution order, first match is over, then we are adding some items to player's inventory with cloud script function, when get a success result from this function we are calling updatestatistic function from cloud script.If we don't make it like that, we can get time execution limit problems on some of players so we seperated that process in two to avoid from this. Then player gets that result which is i posted. This is not everytime. So i think it can be related other processes. i never faced this issue in my editor or phone but real players can face. Is can be related to internet connection or other processes on player inventory etc.?

0 Likes 0 ·
Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan orhanozsoy commented ·

Ah, I see. The ExecuteCloudscript request from the player had successfully reached to PlayFab, the error happened while processing PlayFab APIs inside the CloudScript, therefore, this might not be a internet connection issue.

Since I don't know the specifics about your game, may I know whether there are any chances that the player may be making multiple requests at the same time, which might cause the temporary storage issue?

If not, It's still possible that there was a brief slow down in the back-end server which caused the issue. The current failure rate I checked on player 28CDE55C1ED78E66 is 1 out 48, which is a little bit high at the moment however it's hard to tell what the rate is going to be in the long run. When the sample size is large enough and the failure rate came out relatively high, we may need to investigate further. For now, as a workaround, you may need to add some re-try mechanisms to prevent players from losing their processes.

BTW, you can also create a ticket for this and get a more dedicated help if you have access to creating tickets.

1 Like 1 ·
orhanozsoy avatar image orhanozsoy Citrus Yan commented ·

Thank you for response, we will add re try mechanism and we are working on it, but i am wondering what did you mean by 1 out 48 ? in 48 processes 1 failure ?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
orhanozsoy avatar image orhanozsoy commented ·

If we know what is the problem we can fix it I saw this error also at GrantItemToUser function, the result is same.

0 Likes 0 ·
orhanozsoy avatar image
orhanozsoy answered
Sorry for late reply, Player made one cloud script call and get this result. We are using this logic for long time. But i think something changed about that.

{
  "PlayFabEnvironment": {
    "Application": "logicserver",
    "Vertical": "p-heavy",
    "Commit": "ddf6338",
    "Cloud": "main"
  },
  "EventNamespace": "com.playfab",
  "EntityType": "player",
  "SourceType": "BackEnd",
  "Timestamp": "2020-05-14T09:18:04.4567211Z",
  "EventName": "player_executed_cloudscript",
  "EntityId": "28CDE55C1ED78E66",
  "EventId": "92c49e4476144d518abce73d818dc1f2",
  "TitleId": "3703",
  "Source": "CloudScript",
  "CloudScriptExecutionResult": {
    "FunctionName": "RequestUpdateMatchEndStatistic",
    "ExecutionTimeSeconds": 0.9675969,
    "ProcessorTimeSeconds": 0.0,
    "MemoryConsumedBytes": 37152,
    "HttpRequestsIssued": 0,
    "APIRequestsIssued": 5,
    "Revision": 1005,
    "Logs": [
      {
        "Message": "PlayFab API request error",
        "Level": "Error",
        "Data": {
          "apiError": {
            "errorMessage": "Temporary storage issue, please retry request",
            "errorDetails": null,
            "errorCode": 1101,
            "errorHash": "757cf5a23f1c1691aa4fbff86e85cdc6",
            "status": "ServiceUnavailable",
            "error": "Temporary storage issue, please retry request",
            "code": 503
          },
          "request": {
            "PlayFabId": "28CDE55C1ED78E66",
            "Statistics": [
              {
                "StatisticName": "Kill",
                "Value": 8
              },
              {
                "StatisticName": "Death",
                "Value": 6
              },
              {
                "StatisticName": "Round",
                "Value": 1
              },
              {
                "StatisticName": "KillWeekly",
              },
              {
                "StatisticName": "KillMonthly",
              },
              {
                "StatisticName": "Experience",
                "Value": 611
              },
              {
                "StatisticName": "Level",
                "Value": 0
              }
            ]
          },
          "result": null,
          "api": "/Server/UpdatePlayerStatistics"
        }
      }
    ],
    "Error": {
      "Error": "CloudScriptAPIRequestError",
      "Message": "The script called a PlayFab API, which returned an error. See the Error logs for details.",
      "StackTrace": "Error\n    at Object.server_request (Script:180:24)\n    at Object.server.UpdatePlayerStatistics (Script:623:79)\n    at handlers.RequestUpdateMatchEndStatistic (3703-main.js:794:9)\n    at Object.invokeFunction (Script:116:33)"
    }
  },
  "FunctionName": "RequestUpdateMatchEndStatistic"
}
10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.